Monday 27 February 2012

Hello World!

I'm Desmond and I'm currently studying Physics at the University of Exeter, England. But I've come to realise that I prefer totally different subjects altogether. Including History, Sociology, Philosophy and the Arts. Hopefully this blog will touch on these subjects, because it's about books - not Physics.

Which books?

Well... every so often (when I should be in lectures on physics), I slink off to the second hand bookshops in the city. One of them, my favourite, has books three rows deep. Visits always involve stacking books on the shop floor just to get to the back row. But it's always worth it, for that's where the best books are found. Old, odd, and often out-of-print, these books are fantastically interesting. They're historical curiosities, mysteries and above all good reads.

This blog is dedicated to these books, not the best-sellers found in pristine rows on the shelves of major high street bookshops. It's intended to be a mixture of "wow! look at this" and genuine reviews of varying lengths.

Although, like the shelves in my favourite bookshop, It would be spoilt if it were predictable and organised. So perhaps some articles and even some carefully chosen newer books might creep in.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    You've got a pretty cool site here, very unique!
    I found your site through the master list in the making connections group on goodreads and am now following you! Hope you will head over to my blog as well!! =)
    Have a great day!
    -Amanda
    http://shmandarinorange.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete